Weekly Meal Plan
April 24 – April 30
Before diving in, evaluate what you have left in your pantry and don’t need to buy.
For example, I highly doubt you need another bag of rice…
Check out what you need/don’t need first!
3-4 Chicken Breasts*
1 bacon package (regular or turkey)
1-2 Tilapia fillets*
2 bell peppers (red & green)
1 yellow onion
1 white potato
1 lb. bag of carrots
1 15oz. can Rotel Diced tomatoes & Chilies
1 15oz. can black beans
Chicken bouillon squares
Salt & pepper
Red pepper flakes
Red wine vinegar
*New to the pantry/fridge list!
**Smaller number for one, larger number for two.
This week’s meal plan:
Lunches: Veggie Burrito Bowl
- Mexican Rice: Cook 2 cups of chicken broth with your chicken bouillon square (following your specific packets instructions, they are all different) on high. Once cooked, at a cup of rice, another ½ cup of water & the can of Rotel tomatoes & chilies. Sprinkle in chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Reduce to a simmer and cover, stirring occasionally. Cooks in about 15-20 minutes.
- Chop up ½ bell pepper each (red and green) and ½ an onion. Cook with some olive oil on a frying pan. Feel free to sprinkle the same spices as the rice, if you wish.
- Heat up the black beans in a small pot.
- Split up and combine into containers.
Breakfast: Egg Muffins
- I use the other half of one of the bell peppers and ¼ of the onion diced up as the veggies in this.
- Instead of breakfast sausage I use bacon.
- Make sure to divide up the muffins into airtight containers! They last up to days in the fridge.
One Pot Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta
- I know it says cream, but you can use milk for an alfredo. If it feels really watery, add in a pinch of flour or cornstarch to thicken it up.
- Feel free to add in the other ½ bell pepper, diced up, if you wish.
- I obviously skip the fresh parsley…#budgeting.
5 Ingredient Garlic Parmesan Tilapia on Rice
- Grab a fillet per person.
- This recipe calls for peas…don’t worry about it. Make asparagus instead if you like.
- Make it on a bed of rice, or if enjoy it with your pasta leftovers from the day before.
Rice Bowl Fried Egg Avocado
- If you have Sriracha or any other hot sauce, or salsa, add it!
Skillet Chicken with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Make this with a side of asparagus, and if you have leftover rice, that as well!
- Use the last ¼ of the onion.
Dinner: Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (pick 2!)
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- I substitute the green beans with asparagus.
- It calls for smaller potatoes – feel free to cut your one white potato into small pieces. Saves money.
- Cut your carrots into baby size portions! Also saves money.
- I use 2 chicken breasts instead of thighs. Unless you want to buy thighs, up to you.
Brown Sugar Pancakes
- Recipe: 1 cup flour, 3 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. baking soda, 4 tbsp. butter (melted), 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk (I kind of guesstimate smoothness with the pancake at that point – if it’s still chunky and doesn’t pour nice, add more milk). Enjoy!
Carrots & Hummus!