April 17 – April 23, 2017
Before diving in, evaluate what you have left in your pantry and don’t need to buy.
For example, I highly doubt you need another bag of rice…
Check out what you need/don’t need first!
3-4 Chicken breasts
1-2 Salmon fillets
Shredded taco cheese
2 Non-fat plain greek yogurts (5 oz.)
Balsamic vinegar dressing
Flour tortillas (taco)
Enchilada sauce (20 oz)
Can of diced tomatoes & green chiles
Broccoli, 1 bag
Tortellini, 1 bag
Veggie bouillon cubes*
Olive oil (or EVOO)
Vegetable oil (or coconut)
Red pepper flakes
Peanut butter (any nut butter)
*New to the pantry/fridge list!
**Smaller number for one, larger number for two.
This week’s meal plan:
Lunches: Mason Jar Salads
- Prep in advance on Sunday!
- Only use half of the box of rotini for this.
- Save some spinach & tomatoes for a future meal as well .
Breakfast: Raspberry Granola Bars
- To make applesauce, peel and dice up one apple and put cook it in a saucepan until a chunky, saucy consistency.
- Use vegetable oil if you don’t have coconut.
- Skip the black beans this time around.
- If you don’t have southwest seasoning, a homemade taco seasoning also tastes delicious.
Pasta with Sautéed Tomatoes & Spinach
- Skip the olives. Who even likes olives?
- Also, I use the other half of that box of rotini.
Parmesan Crusted Salmon with Broccoli
- Serve with a side of rice, if desired!
Broccoli Alfredo Tortellini
- Instead of half and half, we just use milk. Sprinkle in some cornstarch or flour to thicken, if needed.
- I love cheese tortellini, but if you want to get a bag of meat tortellini that would also be super tasty!
Dinner: Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (pick 2!)
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Again, make this homemade taco seasoning if you don’t feel like buying a taco seasoning packet (although they are usually pretty cheap).
- Serve with greek yogurt, cheese, onions, and diced tomatoes!
Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake
- If you don’t have powdered sugar, that’s okay! It’s just to make the glaze.
Cut up a few apples, drizzle whatever nut butter you have in the pantry, and sprinkle with chocolate chips!